If a tax return is amended can section 179 be reduced?

When your tax return is amended, it means you have realized some errors in your previous tax return, so you decide to file again for that year to correct any mistakes made the first time. Mistakes could be anything such as false information, an error in income reported, a failure to list your dependents (which doing so leaves you out of some nice benefits), and more. These are almost always accidental mistakes that must be justified as accidents, and corrected. With that said, if you amend your tax return, the section 179 can be reduced. Section 179 under the IRC means a taxpayer can deduct the cost of their property on the income as an expense. Amending you tax return to fix accidental mistakes allows you, as a taxpayer to do that. It would be wise for you to hire a tax preparer or accountant to help you with this process, as it can be complicated to some.

Find Accountants in St. Louis

The Weiland Tax Firm
10115 Shapfield Lane
Saint Louis, MO 63123
Bootheel Financial SeRvices, Inc.
1612 First Street
Kennett, MO 63857
Ploch Financial Svcs Inc
2319 Whittemore Pl
Saint Louis, MO 63104
Abeles & Hoffman P.C.
9666 Olive Blvd Ste 625
Saint Louis, MO 63132
Desgranges Tax SeRvice
1409 Maud St
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
Sharon L Schloss CPA LLC
1473 Bent Oak Ridge Ct
Fenton, MO 63026